- Castle Mondsee Sacred Places
- Romance feel & experience
- Salzkammergut freetime, culture, sport
- Cuisine marvel & enjoy
- Castle SPA Wellness & Spirituality
- Prices and booking Offers & Packages
Even the Benedictine monks knew how to indulge in culinary delights, like this lent story shows: the monks devotedly followed the commandment, that during lent everything served had to be either from the vegetable patch or the water. This is why the monastery pigs were put in the water, before they were used to prepare the meals. The later lords of the castle didn’t break with the culinary indulgence and we won’t either.
The castle’s cuisine and cellar serve you only the best regional delights.
Send us a no obligation enquiry for your holidays at the castle hotel Mondsee in the Salzkammergut region.